Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Snoring can really damage a relationship

Snoring can really damage a relationship. As I found out first hand. I and my wife have been married for 4years. And lived together for 2 years before getting married. That’s over 2000 nights of sleeping in the same bed. We both snore, but I got to say my snoring was a lot worse. My wife snores, but wakes up as soon as she starts, so I never notice unless I am awake, and if I’m sleeping it never wakes me up. On the other hand I use to snore continuous, so it would wake my wife up, and keep her up unless she had enough and woke me up so she could go back to sleep. Man oh man her waking me up would really do a number on me. I never had to try to sleep when the person next to me was snoring so I never had a clue the frustration she was going thought. We both got up at 7am Monday to Friday for work so you know how much a person sleep can mean to them.
Into our 3rd year or marriage my snoring really starting to make my wife upset. This would make me very upset, because I would be woken up no less than 4 times a night. When a person got to wake up in the morning you know they don’t like to me woken up time and time again. But my wife had to, so she could get a few hours of sleep so she could go work all day as a nurse at a walk in clinic. Back to us getting each other very upset, me by her wakening me up, and me snoring so bad that she couldn’t sleep. It got to the point where I would get woken up be in a rage and go sleep on the couch, then to the point where we wouldn’t even go to sleep in the same bed, this was really killing our love life. It crossed my mind that maybe this wasn’t going to work out. How could I even let a thought like that cross my mind, this was the woman I love and wanted to spend the rest of my life with. So I started looking into getting medical help.
The very first thing I tried was those little strips you put on your nose, you know like the football players wear. I got a package of them from the drug store. Well I will tell you what they are supposed to do. They stick onto the outside of the bridge of your nose, and they are supposed to gently pull you nostrils open to make your air way open. Well let me tell you this it didn’t work. A few times I had then strip fall off while I was asleep, sometimes they stayed on, but still I was snoring. I used up the package with no showed improvements, so I never bought anymore. The next I tired was pillow; yes a pillow that will magically stop your snoring. I thought it was a gimmick, but I wanted to be able to share my bed with my wife and both have a great night’s sleep, so I tired it. Well about a week after I order the pillow it came in the mail. I was excited to see what this pillow could stop my snoring. I open the package; there was an instruction sheet, and a pillow with a picture on it. Well 2 pictures. The picture was a man’s head both side profile view. And the instructions stated very simple lay on your left side, or right side as the pictures shows on the pillow. I could not believe it this is what I get for $70.00. I was pissed. I never could sleep on my sides if I could I probably wouldn’t have this snoring problem to begin with. I felt ripped off. I email the company back that same night asking for a refund. Well I guess I should have checked them out a bit more before I made my purchase, because they didn’t offer and kind of refund or exchange because it was a bedding product they could not refund or enhance due to hygiene. I didn’t know what to do. I was lost and confused. I looked into the mouth devises, boy oh boy are there every a lot of these out there. I gave up fast on them after only looking at a few. I knew there is no way I could sleep with something in my mouth, and if I did fall asleep with this big bulky unit in my mouth. I would droll myself to death from dehydration. Ok the next thing I seen a lot of information for was surgery. Well for one I knew it was way out of my price range for the surgery, and 2 I’m a little scared to go under the knife.
I kept looking into information. I read about some techniques. There was a lot of info and a lot of different exercises to stop, or prevent you from snoring. There was 20 or more websites I found. A few was the same exercises mentioned, but they seem like they focused on your breathing, and how you breathe when you are asleep. But I knew when I am sleeping I’m sleeping, I don’t know how I am breathing and how I should be breathing, all I know is I’m sleeping. I finally picked out 5 methods that seem to be of some interest. I know from my early purchase of the gimmick pillow to make sure anything I was interested and would like to purchase must come with a full money back guarantee. So that easily eliminated 3 of the products that seem to be something I could do, and maybe had some hope in them. So I had 2 choices. They both seemed like something that could really work, and both offered full money back, so I couldn’t go wrong. I decided since they both could be return for the full money I would have to pay that I should get both and witch everyone didn’t work, or maybe if one didn’t work as well as the other I would return it. Seems like a win-win situation. They were both under $60.00 so I made the purchases.
Ok so within in minutes of my purchases I had a digital file from one exercise. And then I got an email. It was about the exercise kit, the one that I didn’t yet received the file from. It says it would have to be mailed to me, and it could take up to 28 days. I never read about the method of delivery. Tell you the truth I thought they were both going to be shipped to me, I was surprised to find out the first one was a digital delivery and I had it within a few mins of my purchase. I could start the exercise right now I thought to myself. And then I thought why would I wait for 28 days for my other system when I got this one right now? That instant I email the company with the snail mail shipping, and asked if I could just cancel the order. They were nice enough to cancel the order, and offer me a full refund without even filling the order.
Ok so I got the digital delivered exercise kit, so I might as well start. It was pretty straight forward a few exercise to do to your jaw, and your tongue. I thought to myself this is pretty easy and only 3 mins. But you know what do I really wanted this to work. The first night I did the exercise time and time again maybe 15 minutes straight. I really wanted this to work so I was giving it my all, hahaha well not my all but you know what I mean. First night of exercises, I went to sleep in the other room like every other night without my wife. Wake up in the morning and my jaw felt kind of weird, like I have been exercising it, hmmm it seem like this was really doing something. I asked my wife did u hear me snoring last night? She replied you know I don’t really think did, but some nights my snoring wouldn’t be as bad, and she couldn’t hear me all the way in the order room. I told her you know I think this might really be working, she was like yeah ok. In a sarcastic tone. I was yeah I think I think this is really working. She said ok big shooter if you think it really works you can sleep in the bed with me tonight, but if I wake you up with an elbow to the nose it’s not my fault. It was temping I accepted.
So its bed time. I’m all ready to not snore tonight I tell m wife, I have been doing my exercise all day. I told her maybe I’m over doing it? Hahaha I hope not. So like always well like always before I started sleeping in a different room from my wife. My wife fell asleep before me. I was a little scared to fall asleep and start snoring and make my wife up, which would wake me up with some painful way. Well I did fall asleep, and I slept, and I slept and I slept. I slept until 7 that morning. I woke up surprised, to my wife looking at me, which lead to a big kiss. Oh my god she says, we slept together all night, and your snoring didn’t wake me up. The look on her face was one I did not see for a while. I was speech less at first; I didn’t know what to say. It was only 2 days into the program, and me and my wife was able to do something we was unable to do for the last 6 years, Have a peaceful night sleep in the same bed. It was amazing. These exercises were really working for me. I was excited I could sleep in the same bed as my wife again. And we actually sleeping not wake each other up.
I have kept on useing the exercise program for the last year my snoring is completely disappeared, and my wife has also used the exercises and her very minimal snoring has fully cured it also. To this day I still have a hard time believing I don’t snore any more.
I hope anyone that reads this and can relate to my problems I have goten over you can do the same. Thanks for reading.



http://www.thestopsnoringexercise.com/




No comments: